Thursday, June 30, 2011

Halfway to Nowhere

81 down, 81 to go. Here we are coming off what was maybe the worst series of the year looking toward a second half filled with little to be excited about. Let's just see what's going on in Yosty's mind as he readies himself to start the second half and get this ship back on track:

Inside the bathroom of Suite #27 at the Downtown Denver Four Seasons

I'm really ready to kick off this 6-man rotation. I came up with it all on my own. It will work. I have six below average starters, so the way to make it work is to pitch them less often, Ned it's F-ing Managerial Gold. I really didn't want to send my little Duffy down to the minors again, I've really got him on the right track. It was probably all of that Ned Yost Tuff Love ©. It worked on Escobar, it worked on Gordon, it worked on Soria, hasn't worked on Hoch yet, but it will. I'm really having a hard time coming-up with a pet name for Danny Duffy, both first and last name end in a 'y' and I usually just add that to the end of a players name. Do I take off the 'y' and just call him Duff, that's just not Ned Yost enough. I'll keep working on it, there has got to be another way. 

Ned get's Hungry and heads to the lobby for breakfast 

"I'll have a Denver Omelet."

Batting orders are so hard. Good thing Butler's not playing today, this gives me another opportunity to bat Chris Getz #2. Getzy has been on fire, got that BA all the way up to .270 and he can hit-and-run so well, just the perfect #2 hitter. If I could have kids again, they would be just like Chris Getz. I wish I had nine guys just like Getzy playing everyday. Well, maybe 5 Chris Getz clones and 4 Jeff Francouer clones. That team would win. I've got a hunch today: we're going to bat Melky #4, Alex is #3 and Alcides will leadoff. I've just got this hunch and my momma always told me to play your hunches. Man, a Denver omelet really does taste better in Devner. I wonder if French fries taste better in France. I need a shower.

Ned heads back upstairs for a quick shower and shave before BP

Tomorrow's another day, Tomorrow IS another day, Tomorrow IS ANOTHER day. I don't trust that shaving gel, I stick with the foam. Old Spice aftershave smells good. I'm going to get through to that punk kid Hosmer today. What does he think he's doing swinging at all of those pitches. I keep telling him this isn't the minors Eric, just watch how Chris Getz hits, take your time. Hosmer doesn't listen. I can't believe Butler's still mad at me for that astronaut comment. He can't play first base, Ned's decision is final. If I was Dayton Moore I'd trade Billy and Eric both, they're just a couple of babies who would never have made it in my day. All we have to do is win 15 in a row and we're back in this thing, I don't know what everybody is so worried about.

No comments:

Post a Comment